2020年6月29日月曜日

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn

The book is that other story. Mr.Twain didn't know everything about me. I didn't leave St Petersburg. I wasn't happy in Mrs Doughlas' house. That's true. But that wasn't the reason for my journey. The reason was this - my father came back to St Peterburg! (p.13)
Amazon | Macmillan Readers Adventures of Huckleberry Finn The ... The book is a sequel of "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer". As you know, it's an one of the famous American novels written by Mark Twain. It's expanded in the south America where there is still a problem of racial discrimination.
 The main characers are Tom and Jim. Tom is white poor person, and decides to go on adventure because he can't bear his father who is bad drinker and violent. Jim is black person and  decides to run away from his town because he wanted to be a free man. They ride on the same raft, and go down Mississipi river to reach free state. At that time, there is some law about black slaves, so Tom are troubled what he should do and whether it's okay to continue the adventure.
 I learned about the part of the story last year, so I chose this because I want to remember them. I don't know the real ending since I've never read the whole stroy, but I could taste the feeling through this book. It's used simple English, so it's easier to read this book than original novel. If you have an interest about American old novel, I recommend you to read it once.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

英語教育講義⑮: Lecture7

In today's lecture, we remembered the lecture so far, and discussed the point that we had a question and got a strong impression in grou...